The health concept has taken a huge rorise in today’s world. After all, everyone wants to keep healthy. The role of Vitamins in regulating health is also well known. But we as common people do not know where we get these vitamins. Do we need to take Vitamin pills as supplementary to our food? If you are having the modern foods (junk food) then definitely yes.
However Ayurveda has a solution that could stop this daily popping of pills. You just need to include some items in your food daily. These foods are:
- Gooseberry (Amla) – It is a well known fact that Amla is one of the Amritfals (Elixir Fruit) which contains minerals that can prolong your life. Even modern medical science has conceded that Amla has Vitamin C that helps make the immune system strong. Ayurveda regards Amla as the perfect fruit which is not tasty but balances all the tridoshas. Every Ayurveda and Yoga retreat in India will always have an Amla tree in its vicinity. In off season you can take Amla which is dried which is now available everywhere, even on e-commerce websites like Amazon.
- Ginger (Adrak) – Another commonly used herb in India is ginger. We use it in our daily food without knowing the benefits. It is a sea of antioxidants and keeps toxins out of our body. It contains Vitamin B6 which has healing property.
- Cardamom (Elaichi) – This mouth freshner is a treasure trove when it comes to Vitamins. It has Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Calcium, Magnesium, and Zinc. Making tea of cardamom and drinking daily can bring long life and healthy too.
- Cumin (Zeera) – Cumin seeds have Vitamin B1, iron and the best way to reap the benefits is to soak a pinch of Cumin seeds in a glass of water overnight. Remove the seeds in the morning and drink that water. It will keep your metabolism high throughout the day.
- Cloves (Lawang) – It is another mouth freshener which is used as spice in Indian cuisine. It is rich in Vitamin E, Vitamin C and Vitamin K. It is helpful in keeping the nervous system healthy.
Just include these foods in your daily life, and forget the colorful pills of Vitamins. These foods will give you all Vitamins and help you keep young and healthy for life. You can check for the benefits of these foods when you join a 200 hour Yoga Teacher Training Course in Rishikesh.