The practical curriculum of Yoga Teacher Training Course in India will help you to enjoy and experience the various health benefits of Veerabhadrasana. There are two varieties in this pose. It is one of the excellent standing asana for gaining the strength and flexibility as well as courage in the life.
In Indian mythology the meaning of Veerabhadra is the warrior, this is symbolic representation of embracing the battle field of life and its difficulties with the equanimity of the mind and courage, hence it is called as warrior pose.
The Procedure of Veerabhadarsana Practice.
- The practice of Tree pose and high lunge are preparation for this pose.
- Samasthithi- Tadasana
- Inhaling a take distance of one and half leg in between the feet on the right side. Exhale.
- Turn the right foot completely and left foot about 45 degree towards inside and raise the arms of with inhalation
- Gazing on the finger tips, take five breathings in this final position.
- Repeat the same procedure on the left side.
Health Benefits of Veerabhdrasna
- This one of the best yoga poses for the Musculoskeletal Health. The posture contributes for the stability and mobility of multiples joints in body with the increase in the range of the motion of these joints.
- The flexion and extension movements of the knee of each leg improve the strength and flexibility of hamstrings and quadriceps as well as calf muscles. This helps in toning both the legs and their joints.
- The upwards stretch in the pose massages the abdominal organs for better digestion. There is pull of this reason to improve the tone of the Rectus abdominis and other muscles of the pelvic floor in the trunk region.
- The chest expansion in the pose improves the lung capacity, the intercostals and pectoralis muscles are stretched. They prevent the hunching tendency and drooping shoulders. The shoulder extension is helpful for toning the sternocleidomastiod and the upper fibers of the trapezius and biceps muscles.
- The toning of the back muscles such as quadratus lumborum and latissimus dosri during the traction of the spine is good for the strength of the spinal column.
The Precautions and Contraindications of the Pose
It is not recommended for the people suffering from hypertension and cardiovascular disorders. People having chronic back injuries and weak joint and muscles.
Note: Learn and practice under the guidance of the competent yoga teacher on regular basis to reap the proper benefits and achieve the safety.