We are welcoming New Year 2018 and bidding adieu to 2017. A new year marks the beginning of new opportunities and choices – leaving behind the old ones. We all have some new year resolutions that we sincerely want to implement in our lives and make our new year a better one. Everyone has a different resolution for the coming year, but if you think about it you always need a healthy body and mind to fulfill all your future goals. So, no matter if you are focused to achieve your personal or professional goals, you do need a healthy mind and body to achieve them.
If you have already penned down your New Year resolutions, then you should probably add one more to it and i.e. yoga. Adding yoga to your new year’s resolution list will ensure that you easily achieve your other resolutions as well. There are a plethora of benefits that you can acquire with regular practice of yoga, and that is why you need to make it a part of your New Year resolution list. Let’s have a look at the amazing benefits of yoga in order to get you even more convinced.
- Stress relief- Today’s so-called fast pace life takes a toll on both your mind and body. Spending just a few minutes on yoga every day may help in releasing the accumulated tension and stress from the body and the mind. Yoga Postures, meditation and pranayama are the perfect remedies for releasing stress and tension buildup.
- Better immunity- The human body is a blend of physical, mental and spiritual aspect. An irregularity in any one of these aspects can have an adverse effect on the other ones. Yoga asanas massage organs and strengthen the muscles; meditation and breathing techniques improve immunity and release stress which results in better immunity.
- Increased energy- Do you often feel completely exhausted by the end of the day? Switching through chores and multitasking continuously can be very exhausting. A few minutes of yoga every day can fill you up with the much-needed energy to keep you fresh and active all throughout the day. In fact, you can practice light meditation and deep breathing anywhere, anytime, even when you are at work.
- Improved posture and flexibility- Spending hours in the gym may get you toned muscles and better posture in a fairly short amount of time. On the other hand, with yoga, you may have to spend some extra time to get the results. But while the results you acquire with gym are short-lived, the ones achieved through yoga are going to last for a very long time. If you are an expecting mother, then joining a Prenatal Yoga class is the best decision for you. it will not only help you to keep up with your posture during the pregnancy but will also reduce the chances of complications during childbirth as well.
- Increased inner peace- Inner peace is something that we all lack in the present day. This is because we are more inclined towards acquiring materialistic goals rather than real Instead of looking out for peace and serenity, search it within yourself through yoga and meditation. Spend some time practicing meditation and pranayama every day to keep your inner self at peace with the outer self. Going to a Yoga Retreat is also a great option if you are looking for a peaceful getaway.